Life is a Highway, I Wanna Ride it all Night Long

Thursday, December 9, 2010

"All About Me" Day 4

WAKE UP CALL...
Up at 6, in training by 6:30 on the nose
Wow I can't believe I'm in my 4th day and still going strong.
1200+ calorie burn for the first week.
Now, that is something to shout about!
I did this in two days with Core Training BUT 
I haven't done this in a long time with in home training at all.  
So you bet I'm proud!

ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE!!!
So ATTITUDE huh?

I believe that the old stand by sound advice to come expectantly is correct advice and I am claiming that for today as a matter of my faith.  If we don't come expectantly we will never receive what it is we need for that moment.  With this in mind, I believe it is no mistake that I belong in our exercise room at 6:30 am each morning and that what I am about to hear is a message that has bearing on my needs at the moment.  I come expecting and I receive, IT NEVER FAILS!  I just love that about having faith.

So it doesn't surprise me at all that both programs I am listening to while I am training are dealing with Dreams, Goals, Vision and Growth.  Not only both programs but also the commercials.  Talk about being "hit between the eyes" with a message. 

So when watching 'faith based' programming, you can always count on a plug for a book, or something at the end of the program with a 'bonus gift', kind of the same as an infomercial.  So today's bonus gift were motivational quotes from scripture to help you through your toughest of times.  All on one card.  The card today was on ATTITUDE. 

I'm reflecting on my revelation from yesterday of this 'All About Me' moment NOT just about selfishly taking time out for ME, but also it's about looking within myself to see what needs to change in ME to make it to my next goal, a cleansing so to speak in order to be the best I can be.

So here comes this plug for the series on "reaching your goals" and your ATTITUDE being so important in moving forward.  So I listen and then look up above the TV thinking, and all of the sudden I focus on the picture right above the TV in that room.  Can you guess what it was?  Yep you got it, we have motivational pictures on all the walls in our exercise room and the one right above the TV?  ATTITUDE!  Wow, God works in mysterious ways, and sometimes He makes sure you get it!

So today I am concentrating on my ATTITUDE in everything I do.  This is when the enemy will come to steal my ATTITUDE back and try to make me grumpy, which will cause others to get frustrated with my responses, and then start a cycle of stress that leads to what else?  You got it, Comfort Food!  I am so happy to have a handle on this at the beginning of my day so I can keep my eye on the mark and today's mark is my ATTITUDE.

OK not much more to add to today, I just keep believing and receiving His Grace for the moment I'm in.  His Grace Is Sufficient.

It's Just Val, Caio!

2 comments: