Life is a Highway, I Wanna Ride it all Night Long

Monday, December 6, 2010

"All About Me" Day 1

MY FIRST 'ALL ABOUT ME' DAY
Write Your Dream and Plan Down
  • Communicate
  • Commit
  • Believe!
It's time.  I am flipping the switch today and taking care of me.  I am at a chapter in my life where my goals, dreams, and desires will only come true, IF,  I take the time out now to take this step.  'All about Me' may sound selfish and hypocritical to what I believe but when you are a people pleasing approval seeker, as I am,  it is the very opposite of selfish and hypocritical, and the first step to a new healthier ME.

Today I am taking the 4 steps to moving forward:

1. Write my dream down and a plan:  Proverbs 29 says 'with a plan you can accomplish your goals' (paraphrased) my way.
2.Communicate: Let my family and friends know I am taking this time for me and it is necessary to be the best I can be.  I will ask for their support, not for their management over my plan but for their cheering me on to victory with their love, support and encouragement.
3. Commit: Psalm 35 says 'commit your way unto the Lord, trust in Him and He will do this
4. Believe: Start looking at my dream and goal believing how reachable it is.  Believe for what isn't as if it is RIGHT NOW and I will reach it!
5. Begin...

My Dream and Plan

My dream is to be the best I can be in this life and to carry out a purpose that is MY purpose in this life.  I am a person of great faith, I love the Lord there is no doubt that He has a purpose for me to carry out.  His purpose for me is to give back.  I can only give back if I have something to give.  Therefore my plan is to move myself into position to give back.  This will take a Personal dream and plan first, so that is where I'll start.


Personal: To get in the best physical and mental shape I can be in without being obsessive and keeping it naturally part of my everyday life.  Today is 6 months until Bob and my 13 year anniversary.  I plan on reaching my physical goal on that day, celebrate with a trip and vacation, having business in a  position that can be managed so we can get away.

Plan
  • Training: 6 days a week  (weigh in monthly: June 6th is my target) * my weight goal is private
  • Eating: Normal foods and managing my portions (bad carbs and sugar will be eliminated)
  • Devotion and Prayer: 7 days a week 
  • Take a day out for Me every other week to do things like hair, nails, etc 
  • Buy one thing for me a month
  • Give something to someone in need once a week 
  • Date night with my husband once a week
  • Girls Nite Out once a month

Communicate
A letter to my Family and Friends

To My Family And Friends:

I am taking this moment that I am calling my  "All About Me" moment to make some healthy lifestyle changes for Me.  Please understand that in order for me to be the best I can be I must do this.  It will be good for everyone.  Please forgive me if there are times over the next several months that it seems I'm not always meeting your needs.  Please believe in me and for me to succeed at my plan and goals.  Thank you for loving me enough to understand, appreciate and support me during this time by being my biggest cheerleaders, walking beside me, not trying to lead, control or manage my plan.  Thank you for letting me do this and being here for me through it.  I love you all very much and really need your support now.  Thank you!


COMMIT

Today, December 6, 2010 is the beginning of the next season of life for me.  It starts with a healthy lifestyle change.  I commit to see my dream come true and follow through on my plan that I have layed out here today.  I will do this daily, weekly and monthly from now through June 6, 2010 and will continue to be accountable in this blog sharing the good and bad to be an encouragement along the way to myself and others.

BELIEVE

I am ready, willing and certainly able to exercise my faith in both the Lord and myself,  and follow through.  I will not let the world and any negative comments or otherwise sad remarks sway me away from  believing that I am meant to be anything less than the best I can be in my personal life and business.  I will succeed 110% at achieving what I use my faith to put into action!  

BEGIN

Look Out World, I have a Dream!!!



It's Just Val, Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment