Life is a Highway, I Wanna Ride it all Night Long

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 AND CONSTRUCTION ON THE ROAD

2011: HIGHWAY SIGN "CONSTRUCTION NEXT SIX MONTHS"

If you're anything like me, each new year you say "I'm going to do this or that"  
I realized that one of my big hiccups in saying this is that I don't ready my mind for longterm goals.  Oh I don't mean, I know I will have my last cigarette on December 31st, and I am ready to quit cold turkey January 1st.  No, that isn't what I mean, though I've been there, done that.  I mean to go to the core and start to build the habit and change there.  For me as most know it would be my spirit.  I have failed over the years and realized that the problem has been where my spirit is leaning and gleening it's strength from.  So this year is different for me.  

My journey is leading me down the path that will tap into where my source of strength comes from, in my case it is my relationship with the Lord, for you it might be something else.  I am rebuilding my habits to embrace that relationship and depend on Him for the strength to work daily at changing me.  My goals this year are simple:  To be a better me.  And yes, I have a weight goal with an end date for reaching it that is part of this.  So for the next 6 months the highway my life path is taking will be "under construction". The speed limit is slow in order to do and be the best I can be and to manage my expectations along the way.

I'm excited to begin the journey and blog as I go.  I hope you'll join me.

It's just me Val,  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment